Monday, February 05, 2007

St petersburg fever.




DAY 1(02.feb.07)= Took train by night at about 12am, luckily i have a friend to accompany me at the station as the rest took different trains on different time. Had great chat with him.
The moment i stepped into the train i noticed the very homey touch to the decor. Lucky for me the bunk was shared by nice people( and old man who slept early, A man and a woman who were partners in some business) I made friends and had great time chatting
When i visited the toilet, i cant find the flush which was below the seat. I saw a rolling knob and tried that,funny thing was i even pulled out a broom/mop as i thought it was the flush too!heehaws this was so embarrassing!Then came the time for me to wash my hands, again....i cant find the tap!so luckily i found the way to use it..Not bad huh for an Asian mice like me to be trapped in the small cubicle. I survived!!ha ha

I cant really sleep in the bunk bed. I was really tired but i cant fall into sleep like usual,i wont be sleeping at night. Sleep and wake cycle disturbed by exam routines. Or perhaps it was just the jittery feeling i felt excited over the trip.

Day 2(03 Feb 07)=Upon reaching the station, i saw the difference between Moscow and Pete. It was warm morning and was greeted with warmth by special friend who was waiting at the station. We went to the mini hotel Most near the station and rest awhile. The first place we visited was the Aquanarium which was situated inside a mall. The place wasn't so large or as huge as Singaporean one. Since Someone insisted to have BIG TASTY , we all just join in without any comments.
Gleb has other plans for me and wenli that was to visit the border of Finland and gulf of Finland but someone BIG wanted to go around the places so let the BIG boy be as we don't mind walking around the city at the time being.
We walked to Hermitage, museums,the small island, across the bridge, parks, the St.Pete s Kremlin,Almost all over the places including St Isaac's cathedral where we can see the whole city from the high building.
Decided to call it a day when our boots are all wet and tired. We went back to the hotel and rest for a while ,then went to Subway for dinner. But Gleb, me and wenli agreed for some sushi but since one of us don't want to ,we all went to Subway and have sandwiches with other 2 Russian friends. But being rude,some sat at the other table. Gleb told me that we can try the unfiltered beer here in St. Pete. I thought we will be going on foot to that place ,but by right we are going there by car owned by the other Russian friend.
So only 2 of us can go. Least did i know that the beer comes only in mugs as the bartender tapped it from the large tank. At first i thought those beers come in cans or bottles , so i cant take home some for the rest of my friends(so called).
As i reached the hotel i noticed some sarcasm from some people making remarks like*eh so soon?*Regretfully i felt for inviting them to come along.

I have great fun in the hotel playing pillow fight with wenli and had good night sleep.Though we can hear the other room clearly Mostly complaints and sarcasms. Really don't need that in such leisure trip. Spoiling my mood to the core!

Day3 05 Feb 07= The morning started late as we were all tired. The break fast was great but i heard some complaints again! This time was how other people had stomach ache from the subway sandwich, How come me and wenli didn't get it??SO what it had to do with me??It is my fault again bringing them to subway? It wasn't my idea in the first place! Are they really trying to get on my nerves??
The first place we went was the ice rink on the stadium. I had the greatest time there. My skates were very uncomfortable and after 1 hour use, the pain on the ankle made some difficulties for me to walk on the normal area, so Gleb just carried me to the changing area. Still i heard some comments from My so called friends. I didn't even complained when some of them made many embarrassing moments during the trip!STUPID People!really regretting it!
Since i ha vent tasted the sushi ,Gleb invited the Russian friends and we took car to the restaurant and had great dinner. But when it was time to leave, fount out that the friend's car was taken away by the council as he parked the car at the wrong place!
It was difficult ,my phone was low in battery and the friend panicked . Everyone was worried and when i got the hold of Gleb 's phone i called peter right away. At least to inform them i ll be late for the meeting.
Finally, we decided to take metro back to the hotel to collect our things. It was 9pm. But Wei soon was still drinking tea sipping, and the rest was resting. And i thought we were late!No one seemed to be bothered thought *someone kept saying "OH we ware late, dress up,and repeating it*but still none made move. So we all sat there until 9.30.Then we went to the train station when Gleb told me that i dint need to go to the station so soon as my ticket was 1 hour later, so we spent some time with the other 2 Russian friends and had cuppa coffee at coffee house.

So it's the end of the trip as i boarded the train. This time it was even nicer as i shared the bunk with 3 other young Russian girls and we Had great fun getting to know each other.
Day4 05 Feb 07= Finally i was back in Moscow. took metro and got myself safely home.

How i feel about this trip= stupid remarks made by others without any proper reasons to made the trip stressful. Regretted a lot inviting some people who was not suppose to be invited and those who came uninvited who made remarks!They are the same.
No more next time i learnt my lessons well. I d rather enjoy my trip with someone who loves me and can get along especially my roomie. Less company less troubles less complaints.
Trips are supposed to be enjoyable and relaxing. But anyway will be going there soon again in the weekends and this time no more other people.So we can go wherever we wanted and whenever we wanted.
Other than that, my trip was great and eye opening. I saw the difference between lifestyle between people living in 2 different city. The buildings are beautiful and i love the river which runs through the city..The architecture was superb so much more to offer than Moscow city.
I cant say i didn't enjoy my dinner at the SUSHI bar, i did enjoy it but just felt a little awkward with Russian friends. They smoke and drank beer as they have dinner...
walking in the cold in st petersburg are much more pleasant as here people are more towards strolling than rushing here and there.

No comments: